CARA partners with a host of government, university, and community-based organizations to develop and implement programming.
CARA is housed at the CUNY Graduate Center, within the Center for Human Environments (CHE); the Research Foundation of CUNY serves as our fiscal sponsor. In addition, we collaborate regularly with a range of partners to work in schools and colleges around New York City.
School of Professional Studies Youth Studies Program
Student Success Center Coalition
CARA’s Advisory Board plays a critical role in CARA’s long-term planning. Our Board reflects the diversity of CARA’s work and includes school and community-based practitioners, policymakers, academics, funders, and young people impacted by CARA’s programs.
Advisory Board members include:
- Oona Chatterjee: Director of Organizing & Capacity Building, Center for Popular Democracy
- Vanessa Coca: Senior Researcher, American Institutes for Research
- Cass Conrad: Executive Director, Carroll & Milton Petrie Foundation
- Lisa Cowan: Vice President of Programs, Robert Sterling Clark Foundation
- Greg Darnieder: Senior Advisor, Steans Family Foundation & Chair, National Postsecondary Strategy Institute
- Michelle Fine: Distinguished Professor, CUNY Graduate Center
- David Fonseca: Assistant Director, Office of Financial Assistance, Boston University
- Bennett Lieberman: Principal, Central Park East High School
- Lawrence Louis: Doctoral Candidate, Michigan State University
- Allison Palmer: Associate Executive Director, New Settlement Apartments
- Mandy Savitz-Romer: Senior Lecturer on Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Andrea Soonachan: University Dean, K-16, Initiatives City University of New York
- Emily Van Ingen: Deputy Director, Cypress Hills LDC