CARA partners with a host of government, university, and community-based organizations to develop and implement programming.
CARA is housed at the CUNY Graduate Center; the Research Foundation of CUNY serves as our fiscal sponsor. In addition, we collaborate regularly with a range of partners to work in schools and colleges around New York City.
CARA’s Advisory Board plays a critical role in CARA’s long-term planning. Our Board reflects the diversity of CARA’s work and includes school and community-based practitioners, policymakers, academics, funders, and young people impacted by CARA’s programs.
Advisory Board members include:
- Juana Alejandro: Former Peer Leader at Hostos Community College | Student at Baruch College
- Daryl Blank: Principal | High School for Fashion Industries
- Lisa Cowan: Vice President of Programs | Robert Sterling Clark Foundation
- Marcus Felder: Director | Posse Veterans Programs
- Michelle Fine: Distinguished Professor | CUNY Graduate Center
- Norm Fruchter: Senior Policy Analyst | Annenberg Institute for School Reform
- Nicole Rodriguez Leach: Vice President | Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation
- Judith Lorimer: Deputy Director, Options Center | Goddard Riverside Community Center
- Kim Nauer: Education Research Director | Center for New York City Affairs at The New School
- Allison Palmer: Director of College Access Center | New Settlement Apartments
- Christine Rodriguez: Former Youth Leader & current College Bridge Coach Student at Eugene Lang College
- Mandy Savitz-Romer: Senior Lecturer on Education | Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Jennifer Stredler: Senior Director, Philanthropy & Engagement | Salesforce Foundation
- Emily Van Ingen: Director of Programs | Cypress Hills LDC
Current and Past Funders
CARA’s work is made possible by the generous funders who have recognized the value and importance of CARA’s approach to college access and persistence.
The Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation
Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund