CARA partners with a host of government, university, and community-based organizations to develop and implement programming.
CARA is housed at the CUNY Graduate Center; the Research Foundation of CUNY serves as our fiscal sponsor. In addition, we collaborate regularly with a range of partners to work in schools and colleges around New York City.
CARA’s Advisory Board plays a critical role in CARA’s long-term planning. Our Board reflects the diversity of CARA’s work and includes school and community-based practitioners, policymakers, academics, funders, and young people impacted by CARA’s programs.
Advisory Board members include:
- Oona Chatterjee: Director of Organizing & Capacity Building | Center for Popular Democracy
- Vanessa Coca: Senior Research Associate | Hope Center for College, Community and Justice
- Cass Conrad: University Dean, K-16 Initiatives | City University of New York
- Lisa Cowan: Vice President of Programs | Robert Sterling Clark Foundation
- Greg Darnieder: Senior Advisor, Steans Family Foundation & Chair | National Postsecondary Strategy Institute
- Michelle Fine: Distinguished Professor | CUNY Graduate Center
- Bennett Lieberman: Principal | Central Park East High School
- Lawrence Louis: Doctoral Candidate | Michigan State University
- Allison Palmer: Director of College Access Center | New Settlement Apartments
- Afridah Rahman: Former Youth Leader and Intern | Student at Hunter College
- Mandy Savitz-Romer: Senior Lecturer on Education | Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Andrea Soonachan: Deputy Director of Career Readiness | New Visions for Public Schools
- Emily Van Ingen: Director of Programs | Cypress Hills LDC
Current and Past Funders
CARA’s work is made possible by the generous funders who have recognized the value and importance of CARA’s approach to college access and persistence.
College Opportunity Fund (a Donor Advised Fund of the Brooklyn Community Foundation)
The Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation
Fidelity Charitable Gift Fund
Leni and Peter May
The M&T Charitable Foundation
The Caroll and Milton Petrie Foundation
The Robert and Jane Toll Foundation