CARA partners with a host of government, university, and community-based organizations to develop and implement programming.
CARA is housed at the CUNY Graduate Center; the Research Foundation of CUNY serves as our fiscal sponsor. In addition, we collaborate regularly with a range of partners to work in schools and colleges around New York City.
CARA’s Advisory Board plays a critical role in CARA’s long-term planning. Our Board reflects the diversity of CARA’s work and includes school and community-based practitioners, policymakers, academics, funders, and young people impacted by CARA’s programs.
Advisory Board members include:
- Oona Chatterjee: Director of Organizing & Capacity Building | Center for Popular Democracy
- Vanessa Coca: Senior Research Associate | Hope Center for College, Community and Justice
- Cass Conrad: Executive Director | Carroll and Milton Petrie Foundation
- Lisa Cowan: Vice President of Programs | Robert Sterling Clark Foundation
- Greg Darnieder: Senior Advisor, Steans Family Foundation & Chair | National Postsecondary Strategy Institute
- Michelle Fine: Distinguished Professor | CUNY Graduate Center
- David Fonseca: College Advisor | New Mission High School, College Advising Corps-Boston University
- Bennett Lieberman: Principal | Central Park East High School
- Lawrence Louis: Doctoral Candidate | Michigan State University
- Allison Palmer: Director of College Access Center | New Settlement Apartments
- Afridah Rahman: Former Youth Leader and Intern | Student at Hunter College
- Mandy Savitz-Romer: Senior Lecturer on Education | Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Andrea Soonachan: University Dean, K-16 Initiatives | City University of New York
- Emily Van Ingen: Director of Programs | Cypress Hills LDC