CARA’s programs, research, and policy briefs are regularly featured in the media and highlighted by other educational organizations. Past coverage of CARA’s work includes:
- The Bell’s ‘Miseducation’ Podcast: The College Advising Gap
- The 74 Million: In My NYC High School, Nearly All Our Seniors Complete the FAFSA & Get into High-Quality, 4-Year Colleges. Here’s How We Do It
- City Limits: Don’t just listen to students, employ them
- Marketplace: Fewer students fill out FAFSA, enroll in college since pandemic began
- The Education Trust’s Higher Ed – Equity Lens blog: A New Near-Peer Coaching Program Strives to Keep Incoming Freshmen on Course
- NYU’s Metro Center for Research on Equity and the Transformation of Schools Perspectives blog: “I Felt Like I Never Fit in”: Increasing College Access and Persistence
- NCAN (National College Attainment Network) blog: Lessons Learned from NYC’s FAFSA Completion Efforts
- Kathleen Cushman’s new book, Fires in Our Lives: Advice for Teachers from Today’s High School Students features former CARA Youth Leader Angel Perez. Accompanying podcasts feature CARA co-director Lori Chajet.
- New York Times magazine, Her School Offered a Path to the Middle Class: Will Covid-19 Block It?
- Marketplace, Many high school seniors in the “class of COVID” are rethinking their college plans
- The Hechinger Report, Getting College Guidance Numbers Right: What if Young People Were a Solution, Not Just a Problem?
- CUNY TV, This edition: CARA-College Access: Research & Action
- Fox 5, Featured Story: Supporting every student
- NY1/Noticias, Guían a jóvenes en su proceso de ingreso universitario
- WPIX, College counseling program helps bridge the gap
- The Hechinger Report, College dreams often melt away in summer months. ‘Near-peer’ counseling is helping keep them alive.
- The Gothamist, ‘Summer Melt’ Is A College Admissions Killer. These Students Are Here To Help.
- Center for an Urban Future, Degrees of Difficulty: Boosting College Success in NYC
- NPR, In the Weeks Before Freshmen Year, Money Worries Aplenty
- NPR, What You Should Know about the New Summer SAT
- Chalkbeat, Students Helping Students
- ABC 7, New York Viewpoint
- NY Times – Schoolbook, These Students Have Been Accepted to College, But Will They Show Up This Fall?
- Aljazeera America, Will Cristal’s College Dream Survive the Summer?
- City Limits, Getting Kids Ready for College, Beyond the Classroom
- Center for New York City Affairs, Creating College Ready Communities: Preparing NYC’s Precarious New Generation of College Students
- What Kids Can Do, Across Summer’s Shaky Bridge to College, Help from Other Students
- Chalkbeat, Gotham Schools: Usable Knowledge
- Annenberg Institute for School Reform, VUE, “We’re All in it Together”: the Role of Youth Leadership in College Access”
- What Kids Can Do, “Submit Application!” Youth Coach Their Peers Past the College-Access Potholes